9 must-know tips for fixing
bad guitar habits
Here are 9 tips on how to get rid of bad habits in your playing as fast as possible.
1. Always focusing on bad habits is a bad habit in itself. Don't spend loads of practice time working on bad habits.
2. The worse the bad habit, the better. If your technique is in bad shape, your guitar playing will take a massive jump forward when you start fixing it.
3. The worst part of fixing any bad habit is the middle part. As you replace a bad habit with a good one, the bad habit starts to deteriorate, and the good habit increases. Eventually, both the bad habit and good habit will be equally strong in your playing. This causes your playing to get worse temporarily. Keep pushing through, and then you will see a massive difference in your playing.
And because of this…
4. The absolute WORST time to fix a bad habit is a few days before performing.
5. Focus on fixing multiple bad habits at once. Don't spend days or weeks fixing one bad habit and then move to a different one. You will learn MUCH faster by fixing multiple at once.
6. Don't wait to introduce these new habits you are developing into your playing. Start using them with the rest of your playing right away.
7. You don't have to be perfect every time when fixing a bad habit. Continue to focus on it, and over time it will be perfect without you even having to focus on it.
8. Make sure you clearly understand the wrong way, so you know exactly what not to do.
9. If you're practicing more than 15 minutes per day to fix a bad habit – you're doing it wrong.
If you find it difficult to know whether or not you have bad habits in your playing, click the button below to receive a free lesson. This will allow me to see exactly what is going on in your playing and how to fix it.
Home | Who’s The Fastest Guitar Player In The World (And Why You Shouldn't Care) | Improving The Sound Of Your Strum So That You Can Sound More Professional | 3 Easy Ways To Make Practice Fun Every Time You Pick Up Your Guitar | How To Encourage Your Child To Practice Their Guitar| 5 Ways To Get More From Your Guitar Lessons | Battling Discouragement As You're Learning To Play The Guitar| Fun Way To Build Picking Hand Independence for Beginner Guitarists | Becoming A Self-Effulgent Musicians | 9 iPad Apps That Will Greatly Enhance Your Playing | Learn To Master Scales | Choosing The Best Guitar Pick | How To Practice Bend Intonation | About | Guitar Lessons For Kids | How To Track Your Progress With A Metronome | How To Buy Your Kids First Guitar | What To Expect On Your Guitar Journey | 5 Things You Can Do To Make Your Guitar Practicing More Effective And Reach Your Goals Sooner | How Bruce Lee Will Make You A Better Guitar Player | What To Expect On Your Guitar Journey | Contact